Thursday, June 16, 2011

It's what it's?

It bothers me whenever someone said "it's what it's"? No matter which context it is used, it means absolutely nothing, in the literal sense. But from a behavioural stand point, it has its intrinsic meaning. You can translate it to different meaning in different context for different person. But no matter how "you skin the cat", "it's what it's" is not positive nor neutral, IMHO, of course.

How would I interpret "it's what it's"?

* I am a victim of the situation, the situation is beyond my control
* I don't bother investigate the situation behind it
* Please don't ask for more details about the situation (or I don't want to discuss the situation with you)

Although, I don't like this phase, sometimes, I still catch myself saying it. When I say it, I usually mean that I am the victim of the situation as well. I need to remind myself that I don't want to victimize myself in any situation.

How would you interpret "it's what it's"? I would love to hear your point of view!

For the record, the urban dictionary of the phase can be found on http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=It+is+what+it+Is

No comments:

Post a Comment